Gynecomastia Mumbai India
Gynecomastia Mumbai India
Gynecomastia Mumbai India is the best centre for Gynecomastia Surgery in Mumbai, India. Gynecomastia is development of breast tissue in Men. Occurrence of Gynecomastia in young men at the age when the self-image plays a major role, may produce significant psychological problem if not corrected. Gynecomastia results in low feeling in young men particularly when they go to gym or swimming pool. Treatment of gynecomastia restores self-confidence and self-belief in them. Gynecomastia is mainly bilateral but sometimes it can be unilateral. Gynecomastia is classified according to size and skin excess.
Gynecomastia Grade I: When on examination breast tissue is small and skin is not lax.
Gynecomastia Grade IIA: When on examination breast tissue is moderate and skin is not lax.
Gynecomastia Grade IIB: When on examination breast tissue is moderate and skin is lax.
Gynecomastia Grade III: When on examination breast tissue is large and overlying skin is also lax.
Causes of Gynecomastia
Congenital & Acquired
1. Idiopathic 25% most common
2. Neonatal: Exposure to high maternal oestrogen concentration in utero leads to the development of breast tissue in neonates. The process resolves within few weeks of birth as the oestrogen level returns to normal.
3. Pubertal: Oestradiol-to-testosterone ratio is elevated in some boys, leading to gynecomastia in up to 65% of patients. Most instances resolve by the end of puberty (12 yrs to 16 yrs)
4. Senile: Peripheral conversion of testosterone to oestrogen by aromatase remain intact in the peripheral fat even as systemic production declines, causing elevation of the oestrogen-to-testosterone ratio and including breast development.
Gynecomastia Types and Grades
Gynecomastia Treatment | Male Breast Reduction
The initial approach to gynecomastia in adolescents should be conservative. Increased breast size is normal and usually transient, lasting no more than 2 years. If gynecomastia is excessive and lasts more than 2 years, a full evaluation of patient for possible etiology is indicated, to be followed by appropriate treatment.
1. A soft, diffuse mass with no palpable glandular disc is fat and will respond to liposuction
2. A firm, discrete mass in a thin adolescent boy is composed of pure glandular material. It cannot be removed by liposuction and should be excised through an areola incision.
3. If on examination the breast mass suggests mixed glandular and fatty components, it should be treated with liposuction followed by direct excision.
Gynecomastia Surgery Cost
Cost of Gynecomastia surgery depends on many factors.
1. Grade of Gynecomastia
2. Age of the patient
3. Hospital facilities
4. Procedure needed: Surgical excision or Liposuction or Both.
5. Associated disease
It is important to achieve good results in first surgery only. Experience of surgeon in very important to choose procedure for you. Normally total Gynecomastia surgery cost is from Rs. 40000/- to Rs. 80,000/- depends on all above factors. My advice to patients is not to diagnose the condition by themselves. Clinical examination by surgeon is very important to properly diagnosis the condition as many times gynecomastia may be manifestation of other systemic disease.
Dr. Manojkumar Manwani
Main Gulmohar Road, J.V.P.D.S.,
Andheri (W), Mumbai-49, INDIA
For appointment & enquiry
Call or WhatsApp
Thanks for the visit